One of the most significant highlights of fall Markets was the recognition of the gourmet industry’s crème de la crème in the Best of Atlanta awards. This honor is exclusive to the annual September Market, spotlighting superior gourmet products and celebrating achievement in taste, originality and packaging.
AmericasMart invited Atlanta’s top culinary experts to judge more than 60 gourmet products for the Best of Atlanta awards. Sampling product from the permanent and temporary product centers, the team of independent judges visited the booths and showrooms to experience the product in its unique environment and interact with the creators and representatives. The judges selected winning product that excelled in distinctive tastes, innovative packaging and display in 10 individual award categories.
The winners were unveiled during the Best of Atlanta reveal on Saturday, September 11, and continued to be on display for the remainder of Market on Floor 7 in Building 1. The 2010 Best of Atlanta winners are:
- Best Candy: Indianola Pecan House – Southern Praline Pecans
- Best Chocolate: Sugar Marsh Cottage Confectionary – Bittersweet Chocolate Coastal Collection with Fleur de sel Toffee
- Best Beverage: Raven’s Nest Specialties – Original Mulling Spice
- Best Condiment: Mother Shucker’s – Original Cocktail Sauce
- Best Dessert: Toffee To Go – Dark Chocolate Pecan Toffee
- Best All Natural Product: Miss Jenny’s Pickles – Miss Jenny’s Habanero Bread & Butter Pickles
- Best Jam/Preserve: Raven’s Nest Specialties – Raven’s Original Raspberry Jalapeño Jam
- Best Snack: Strawberry Patch – Vidalia Onion Grits Bits
- Best Extra: Oak Leaf at Belmont – Thousand Island Dressing
- Best Soup: Plentiful Pantry – Roasted Tomato Parmesan Bisque