The January 2015 Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market is less than a week away. Are you ready? The key is preparation and organization. What do you need to accomplish? Are you ordering from existing lines to simply fill in inventory? Are you considering expanding into a new category? There’s an adage to “buy what you sell, don’t sell what you buy” that applies to almost every retailer. Make a plan and stick to it; otherwise it’s easy to get sidetracked and suddenly find you only have a day left until you go home, and you haven’t accomplished what you intended.
Whether you’ve been coming to AmericasMart for 30 years or it’s your first time, here’s a pre-Market checklist to get started:
- Business cards
- Power cords and chargers
- Pre-planned appointment schedule
- Credit information for new vendors
- Estimated budget
- Corporate credit card
- Knowledge of store inventory
- Purchase plan by categories
- Assignments for each member of your buying team
- Planned merchandise delivery dates
- Re-sale license or local sales tax number
- Fast Badge Registration for returning buyers
- Layers of clothes to accommodate different showroom climates
- Backpack or small rolling briefcase
- COMFORTABLE SHOES.
We want everyone to have the best possible Market experience in Atlanta – starting before you ever leave home. Use AmericasMart.com, the AmericasMart App and the AmericasMart Magazine to plot a course for each day. Don’t forget to include time for educational events (there are some phenomenal opportunities to learn and to network at Markets) as well as some of the social events. Markets are about more than shopping ‘til you drop – have a focused plan so you also have time to enjoy Atlanta hospitality!